Saturday, October 2, 2010

Technology Planning and Grant Writing: Reflection of Section I Basic Concepts and Foundat...

Technology Planning and Grant Writing: Reflection of Section I Basic Concepts and Foundat...: " In this first section the author presents the importance of connecting teaching and learning through the use of technology, which ben..."

Hi Hector -

Very interesting posting, and extremely well written (in my opinion). I do feel that you hit on all the major points covered in the text, and explained them very well.

After visiting the comment about the video links, when I returned to the initial blog posting, the links *do* show up .... just fyi. Don't know why they didn't at first.

I'd really like to know more about one of your concluding statements; that of students needing to think critically. Do you think that we (as educators) have really done a very good job of defining that? If you asked 10 instructors, do you think you would find consensus as to exactly what we are talking about? I ask this, because it is one of the key points of my dissertation that I am waist-deep in right now (figuratively speaking). I am looking to see if there is a correlation between a student's trust in their instructors and the development of critical thinking i.e. are high levels of trust associated with high levels of critical thinking or vice versa? Here is a link to an entire organizational society that is concerned with the subject of critical thinking: http://www.criticalthinking.org/
They have really embraced technology - as you can see by the video embedded as well as the multitude of hyperlinks and contact sources.

Secondly, I have to admit that I am a total technology 'nerd' - but nonetheless this is my first experience with blogging. I knew what it was, but have been so busy that I just haven't had time to investigate. I don't even have a Facebook page or MySpace account. (It seems that BlackBoard dominates my time!)

Thanks for a great posting - and I'd love to hear what you have to say about critical thinking.

John Scarbrough

No comments:

Post a Comment